All about orange

Interior design moroccan 2

Everywhere I look lately I am seeing fun pops of orange turning up in decor. I am rather liking this zesty colour for summer. Orange is often a colour thought of for halloween & for the leaves changing for autumn. But it is also a colour of citrus fruits & the burning sun. The vibrant & warm combination of red and yellow are all synonymous with summer. A less intense or aggressive colour than red that is calmed by the cheerfulness of yellow.
Add orange & green together to make a tropical feeling decor.
colour combinations - earthy orange, brown, and green
Vibrant  living room | Open-plan | Image | Housetohome.co.uk
....or make it stand out with blues or reds & golds.
colour combinations - limited palette of orange and blue
design-ideas-orange-rooms-01.jpg
Purples with orange are a bold statment, but can also be mellowed by adding yellow.

Vibrant living room sofa | Colourful living rooms | Image | Housetohome.co.uk

Orange accents to a white room add a touch of warmth & interest.

 Living room | Image | Housetohome.co.uk
Blend orange with neutral tones for a softer look.
design-ideas-orange-rooms-09.jpgIn this Oriental-inspired bedroom the pale wooden furniture blends into the caramel-coloured walls & the pop of orange on one wall brings this room to life & adds depth & character to an otherwise bland pallette.
 Oriental-inspired bedroom | Bedroom furniture | Decorating ideas | Image | Housetohome









 

8 comments:

  1. Orange and white go beautifully together x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm loving that first image with that fabulous orange couch. Have a glorious day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, thanks for your lovely comments over on my blog today, i'd love to feature on your page, just say the word x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your nice comments on the wildflowers and candlesticks!

    I am really loving the orange and blues right now. I can't change everything, but might add some blue in with my existing red, gold and green. Hmmmm....thinking about it. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely crazy over burnt orange in interiors (still haven't got any in our house though). That first image is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea that orange could be sooooo beautiful!!! I LOVE it!

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first image looks like a perfect place for hanging out with friends and family or pure
    relaxation!

    Orange is a wonderful color and I use a combination of orange, green and pink accents for my living room and it always brightens up my day!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all of the orange right now. My daughter is doing her playroom in orange and blue and it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete