Furniture Makeover

I am presently working on a make over for this piece of furniture my mother in law was about to send to the scrap yard. I thought it had such potential that I just had to rescue it. To be honest its been a bit of a long going project, I have had this piece of furniture sitting at work for a few months now & I try to spend some time on it when I have a spare second or two but this seems very rare lately.
 I gave it a rough sand & clean down & then put on a couple of coats of French Grey paint  from The Little Greene Paint Company. I then distressed it & now have to to add a top coat & was thinking I would line the drawers with some wallpaper also from The Little Greene Paint Company. It needs some new handles as well but I still have to make a decision on this but I will keep you updated on its progress.

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the result. Some unique drawer pulls would really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your visit and I can not wait to see the finished piece! the hardware will be the icing on the cake!

    Thank you again for your visit and such kind words!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gonna be gorgeous! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece has beautiful lines so I am sure with some paint and lots of TLC, the results will be stunning! Looking forward to see the final result.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once took an antique cupboard, sanded it and painted in white, then sanded it down again to look "shabby" and then sold it on Ebay! Cant wait to see what you do with this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a stunning piece, and why would anybody consider sending it to its doom??? There are increasing less and less of these hand made beauties left in the world. Thank goodness you rescued it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky save! It's so wonderful to see old pieces like this being painted and given new life. It's going to be beautiful! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this piece and I'm so glad you saved it from ending up in a landfill. It looks wonderful in soft grey - definitely a new treasure in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a gorgeous piece! Great save.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a wonderful project! The bones of the piece are quite lovely. Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has a great shape and should look beautiful when it's all complete. Think your MIL will want it back when she sees how you've given it a facelift?

    ReplyDelete