Friends Feature Friday


It's the second Friday of December


and I'm supposed to write a post about furniture


when all I can think about is wonderful Christmas decorations,


white tinkle lights, and snuggling with my honey by a fire.


After much consideration and thought


I finally came up with something that just might interest
you.


The color of the season


RED












The first piece I ever did in red was a vintage radio
cabinet.


The hardest part was stripping all the guts out.


The inspiration for this piece was a mirror I had found earlier


that had a gentle white pin stripe.












The next one I had so much fun working on.


The top and sides were made of old plywood and I knew there was


no way to cover vintage plywood graining with paint successfully.


So I had to come up with a way to work with it.












I painted the dresser black before red then sanding it back


till the black came through and highlighted the graining.


The hardware I used were found on a curb side 70's monstrosity of a dresser,

much better on this rustic red barn
dresser.










More recently I was commissioned to do 2 antique buffets for a pub
restyling.


Both were painted with ASCP in Emperor's Silk










The first one I nicknamed BIG RED












The second I named MISS CHERRY PIE.












and if these don't get you in the spirit of the season


George and I would like to wish you all a fabulous Holiday Season


from Vancouver Canada and from

















Till next year ...

1 comment:

  1. Love the fantastic makeovers! The red looks stunning!

    Have a joyous holiday season!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete