I have been busy making felt gingerbread men & felt robins tree decoration's with my step daughter. We both enjoyed making our own creations. I have also been working on some mini stockings for the tree too but I will share those another time. Find instructions below to make your own felt decorations.....
To make a felt ginger bread man tree decoration you will need
- Brown felt
- gingerbreadman template or cookie cutter
- White ric rac
- ribbon for hanging tagdark brown, light brown and white embroidery cotton
- pins & an embroidery needle
- sharp scissors
Last christmas I shared how to make gingerbread man garland click below to see the posthttp://finishingtouchinteriors.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/create-magical-christmas.html
For the robin you will need
- brown, red & white felt
- 2 circle templates slightly different sizes
- brown, red & white cotton
- pins & embroidery needle
- shapr scissors
1. cut out 2 circles from the brown felt
2. cut out one slightly smaller circle from the red felt
3. sew the red felt circle onto one of the brown felt circles at the bottom part of the circle (this is for the robins belly)
4. cut a diamond shape out the the brown felt & sew on above the red circle for the beak
5. cut 2 small circles from the white felt for the eyes & add black buttons to the middle
6. Now pin to the remaining brown corcle & sew around leaving a gap at the top for the stuffing.
7. Add stuffing & finish sewing around the circle & add some red ribbon so you can hang your decoration from the tree.Hey presto we are done....