I found this scrumptious recipe over on House to Home & think I will give it a whirl this Christmas as its a great alternative to your traditional pudding & since I am about the only one in my house that likes Christmas pudding maybe its time to try something a little different
- 60g (2oz) medium oatmeal
- 10-12 fresh dates, stoned
- 20 ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 8tbsp whisky
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 3-4tbsp clear honey
- Grill the oatmeal until toasted. Be careful, it browns quickly!
- Put the dates and apricots in a pan with 6 tbsp whisky and 6 tbsp water, and simmer over a low heat for 10 mins, stirring every so often.
- Mash the mixture roughly with a fork, leaving a few chunks of apricot. Leave to cool.
- Beat the mascarpone, the rest of the whisky and 2tbsp honey in a bowl, then mix in the toasted oatmeal.
- Spoon some of the fruit, then the mascarpone mixture, into 4 serving glasses, then repeat the layers.
- Chill, but bring back to room temperature 15 mins before serving.
- Drizzle with more honey and serve.
Sarah & Josephs Cookery Corner
Theres lots of tasty recipes for you to try out that are perfect for making with the kids ..