kitchen loving


As I posted about bathrooms the other day as I launched my new bathroom & kitchen pages on my blog, I thought it apt to chat about kitchens today. I spotted this gorgeous kitchen over on House Beautiful a couple of weeks back & fell totally in love with it so thought I just had to share the images. I adore the mix of cabinatery with the warm tones of the oak doors contrasting with the cool white & blue painted doors. It really brings this large kitchen to life & works well without being to much of a mishmash of colour. Its a very modern twist on the traditional style kitchen & the sleek stainless steel appliances really bring this style up to date. Its very homely feeling with the pots & pans hanging over the island unit & the traditional range cooker.


The butler sink keeps in touch with the traditional style of this kitchen, a must have for this look but teamed with a more modern style chrome plated tap instead of the commonly seen brass fixtures. The herb box positioned at the back of the taps is a lovely, homely touch.
The dresser unit is a stunning feature to the room in the beautiful blue painted cabinetry, its a real statement to the room & drawers your attention. I love this shade of blue. Everything about this kitchen is kept very sleek.

The natural oak plate rack is another stunning feature to the room with its beautifully carved pillasters. The choice of blue & white crockery again brings the colours in this kitchen all in together.

I do love the green glass, brick effect tiles. This style of tile is incredibly popular in the showroom right now for both kitchens & bathrooms. They look great in either a modern or traditional setting with their clean cut lines.

The stone flooring gives a very polished finish. The warm choice of colours completes this kitchen, bringing depth to the cool tones of white & blue in the cabinetry. 

5 comments:

  1. I am loving the sink and the blue accents. I also agree about the beautiful contrast between the wooden tones and the bright white walls :)Beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new look!!! And those green glass brick tiles are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kitchen too. That sink and the blue china cabinet. Be still my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that blue hutch so much, and that porcelain farm sink is so wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this kitchen! So many fresh ideas!

    ReplyDelete