But if you lack space to have a proper office area you can always utilize a small space like an alchove under the stairs or a corner of your bedroom by having a clever & effective design layout. Home offices can be incorporated into spaces like your bedroom designed to match in with your bedroom furniture, this is a very popular idea to utilise a small corner of your room. If you have a large bedroom space you can always seperate the desk from the bed space by using a partititon.
- Make your home office a bit more personal by adding a small selection of favourite possesions.
- soften the space with soft furnishings.
- Add some character with a splash of colour.
- Be imaginitive mix up plenty of storage with display shelves.
- Build in shelves in little alcoves to utilize the space.
- use spaces like a landing or under the stairs where space is being wasted.Paint this area a different colour to the surrounding space to make it feel like its a specific working space.
- If blending into another room like a bedroom or dinning area try to streamline your furniture to match in discreatly.
- If your office in an awkward shape as its tucked in a loft or divided into another space its worth having the space designed & fitted out properly by a specialist.
- Invest in a good chair, you need to be comfortable while you work this is an important element not to sacrifice.
- If possible give youself a view but if you are tucked away in a small alchove & this isnt possible how about adding some scenic artwork to lift your spirits.